Wednesday, November 23, 2011

guilt-free

Cookies, cakes, pies, casseroles, pastas...too much food. I cook to eat, and I've been cooking a lot lately. So one would think I should feel guilty when I get up to pull a batch of cookies out of the oven in 5...4...3...2.....
Okay, these things smell good. As I was saying...guilty...yeah, not so much. Not at all, actually, because most of the stuff I make is pretty tasty. And, on top of that, my experiments benefit the four of you who actually read this thing. Now that I have justified my shameless indulgence, here's my next recipe :)

Peanut Butter Chocolate Chip Cookies
What you'll need:
3/4 cup Butter, softened
3/4 cup creamy Peanut Butter, softened
1 & 1/2 cups packed Brown Sugar
3/4 cup Sugar
3 Eggs
3 tablespoons Light Corn Syrup
3 tablespoons Water
1 tablespoon Vanilla
3 & 3/4 cups Flour
1 & 1/2 teaspoons Baking Soda
3/4 teaspoon Salt
3 cups semi-sweet Chocolate Chips

What you'll do:
1. Preheat oven to 375 degrees
2. Cream together the butter, peanut butter, brown sugar, and sugar until smooth
3. Beat in the eggs one at a time, add the corn syrup, water, & vanilla, and then the rest of the dry ingredients
4. Fold in the chocolate chips and drop onto lightly greased baking sheets
5. Bake 12-15 minutes, or until the edges are golden brown

>>Lemme just tell ya, sometimes that moment on your lips is worth the lifetime on your hips...this is one of those occasions<<

No comments:

Post a Comment