Sunday, January 15, 2012

Catching up.

Well, as much as I'm loving senior year, the fact of the matter is that it's stressful. Between sports, school, and extracurriculars, I have approximately 30 minutes a week to myself. And those 30 minutes are usually spent in the kitchen. Thankfully, I have a few things to balance my sanity when I start to fall off the edge.
First and foremost would be my broken nose. While most would think that this would add to the stress, it actually makes me laugh from time to time and keeps me sane in those moments. Especially considering that it occurred not during a sporting event, but a New Year's Party.
::my lovely nose guard::
::5 minutes after it happened::


















Second, cooking has kept me balanced. When I have time, I'm able to turn on my Adele Pandora radio station and escape for a little while enjoying the freedom of experimenting with food.
Third, puppies :) Yes, I said it, puppies. While my dogs drive me up the wall, when I need something warm and comforting to cuddle with, my dogs are always available. 
::my baby::
On top of those things, I have some of the most amazing friends on planet Earth who somehow know how to make me laugh, cry, and everything in between at just the right times to keep me functional.

Anyways, I have about 4 or 5 recipes to upload, so I'll get on that tonight :)

No comments:

Post a Comment