Wednesday, November 16, 2011

"A Woman's Work...

...is never done."

Whoever said the above quote (that I hear ALL the time) speaks the truth. I can't remember the last time I rested. But that's okay, because my work pays off. This weekend, I lost my mind and thought I would go to a school dance, sign for my volleyball future at Montreat, go to a sleep over, volunteer in childrens' ministry, go to church, go to the store, AND cook all day. All of this on about ten hours of sleep. Crazy. So here I stand--sleep deprived and hungry--cooking, writing, and texting while listening to music. So much to do, so I decided to cram it all together :) Anyways, it's time for me to get back over the stove, so here are my recipes...first, I made chocolate chip muffins and then I decided we should have dinner as well...

Shrimp Penne Pasta
What you will need:
1 (16 oz.) package Penne Pasta
2 tablespoons Olive Oil
1/4 cup Red Onion, chopped
1 clove Garlic, chopped
1/4 cup White Wine
2 (14 oz.) cans Diced Tomatoes (I just diced up some fresh Roma tomatoes)
1 Red Bell Pepper, diced
1 lb. cooked Shrimp
Grated Parmesan Cheese



What you'll do:
1. Cook pasta according to package directions
2. Heat the oil in a skillet over medium heat, stir in onion and garlic, and cook until onion is tender
3. Mix in the wine, pepper, and tomatoes, and cook about 10 more minutes, stirring occasionally
4. Add shrimp to the skillet, and cook 5 minutes or until shrimp is opaque
5. Toss in drained pasta and serve with grated Parmesan

Double Chocolate Chip Muffins
What you'll need:
6 oz. Semi-Sweet Chocolate
1/3 cup Butter
3/4 cup Buttermilk
1/2 cup Sugar
1 Egg
1 & 1/2 teaspoons Vanilla Extract
1 & 2/3 cups Flour
1 teaspoon Baking Soda
1/2 teaspoon Salt
1 cup Semi-Sweet Chocolate Chips


What you'll do:
1. Preheat oven to 400 degrees and line 12 muffin cups
2. In a small saucepan, melt the semi-sweet chocolate and butter together. Set aside and cool 8-10 minutes
3. Stir together the egg, buttermilk, sugar, vanilla, and chocolate-butter mixture
4. In a large bowl, combine the flour, baking soda, and salt. Add the chocolate mixture, stirring until well-combined.
5. Stir in the chocolate chips, spoon the batter into the cups, bake for 25 minutes, and enjoy:)

No comments:

Post a Comment