Monday, November 21, 2011

'tis {ALMOST} the season

Thanksgiving:
noun
1. the act of giving thanks; grateful acknowledgement of benefits or favors, especially to God
2. an expression of thanks, especially to God
3. a public celebration in acknowledgement of divine favor or kindness
4. a day set apart for giving thanks to God


As much as I've been complaining lately about the busyness, stress, and chaos in my life, I am so incredibly blessed. I've been thinking of my stress and sleep deprivation as a bad thing, but I'm reminded that it's all self-induced and it's how I thrive. I have the opportunity to strive for excellence in a challenging school, the ability to play sports, and the privilege to overbook myself at will. So this Thanksgiving season, while I'm so incredibly thankful for the generally accepted answers of: "family, friends, a roof over my head, a warm bed, clothing, sufficient nutrition...", there are so many other benefits that I take for granted on a weekly, daily, and even hourly basis. Sports, friends, books, music...the list goes on. All that to say, am I the only one who takes nearly everything I've got for granted from time to time?

No comments:

Post a Comment