Thursday, June 16, 2011

It's hopeless.

Generally, when one hears the word addiction, they assume the worst. But in my opinion, addictions can be either good or bad. What do addictions have to do with anything, you ask? Everything. Because I am hopelessly addicted to.....chocolate. Yeah, I'm sure many of you think you can claim the same, but you're wrong. My addiction is past the point of no return. You know how I said I cook what I like to eat? That's why I bake so much. And that's also why everything I bake is chocolatey. So it will come as no surprise that I've baked twice in the past two days and both times they've consisted of chocolate goodness. Sunday night, I made Chocolate Chip Oatmeal Cookies & last night, I made a double chocolate cake...delish.

Chocolate Chip Oatmeal Cookies:

Here's what you'll need:
1/2 cup Canola Oil
1/3 cup Brown Sugar
2 tablespoons Sugar (I used Splenda for the sake of the dieters in my household)
1 Egg White
1 teaspoon Vanilla
3 tablespoons Water
2 cups Rolled Oats
2/3 cups Whole Wheat Flour (All-Purpose works too)
1/4 teaspoon Salt
1/2 teaspoon Baking Soda
1 teaspoon Cinnamon
1/2 cup Chocolate Chips, give or take ;)



Here's what you do:
1. Preheat oven to 350 degrees
2. Cream oil and sugars
3. Mix in egg white, vanilla, & water
4. Add the oats, flour, salt, baking soda, & cinnamon
5. Fold in the chocolate chips
6. Drop by tablespoonfuls onto a lightly greased cookie sheet, bake for 10-12 minutes, and enjoy!


and now, for the double chocolate cake:

Here's what you'll need:
1/2 cup Vegetable Oil or Melted Butter
1 cup Sugar
1 Egg, beaten
1 cup Milk
1 tablespoon White Vinegar
1 teaspoon Baking Soda
10 tablespoons Nestle Cocoa Mix
1/2 teaspoon Salt
1 & 1/2 cups Flour
1 teaspoon Vanilla
1 cup Semi-Sweet Chocolate Chips

Here's what you do:
1. Preheat the oven to 350 degrees and grease an 8x13 pan
2. Mix together all the ingredients except the chocolate chips; beat until mostly smooth
3. Pour mixture into the pan and bake for 15 minutes
4. Sprinkle chocolate chips on top and bake for another 15-20 minutes

No comments:

Post a Comment