Friday, October 12, 2012

The Truth about Life

Surprise, surprise, I haven’t blogged in a while. But I’ve been doing some writing when I get deep in thought and I came up with something I thought was worth sharing and would serve as my re-introduction to the blogging world.

Just to catch you up on my life, I’m now a full-time freshman business major, vocal performance minor, student-athlete, friend, daughter, and sister. No surprise there, I’m overloading my plate. Again.
Anyways, life’s always been a struggle for me. Obviously, considering I’m still young and everything’s gonna be complicated. But I finally figured myself out halfway through my senior year, cleaned out my life, and started to live the way I needed to live: for me. I figured out who I was, who I am, and who I want to be. No longer a people-pleaser, I began to turn away from everyone and everything that held me back, and entering my first year of college, I planned to keep it that way. You see, I’ve always known that I was not meant to live for other people; but I never knew what that looked like. So here I am, reliving my last few months of high school which I spent holding on to every last ounce of willpower I had to keep myself from shutting down and giving up.
You see, I've learned that hasty decisions tend to lead to unhappiness. That’s how I ended up back on this roller coaster. I've also learned that there’s a difference between loving Jesus and pushing Jesus. I love Jesus, but I’m not going to push him on anyone. I believe that He has a plan for my life and that with every breath I’m living out another piece of that plan. But sharing my story isn’t my way of telling you how God works in my life. That story will tell itself. This story is one of how a shattered but strong human being gets through the day-to-day. It’s one to remind you that we have the power to fix our trouble and put the pieces together. I strongly believe that we never stop growing. Just when we think that everything is falling into place, the hammer’s going to come down again; we just have to be ready to put our big kid pants on and pull out the Gorilla Glue. So here I am, tough-as-nails, but fragile as the wing of a butterfly; an  emotionally rational college freshman, allowing you a direct access pass to the sloppy, beautiful disaster I like to call my life.

No comments:

Post a Comment