Sunday, September 18, 2011

The Little Things in Life

So I'm sure I've blogged about this before, but it's a recurring situation in my life so you'll excuse any redundancy. There are the days (we all know 'em) that just flat out suck, and this week has been sucky on a pretty consistent basis...all week, I've wanted nothing more then some fuzzy socks, sweatpants, and comfort food. Today, I finally lost it and kept my sick self in bed with a book, a candle, and a hot cup of tea in an attempt to heal myself from the woes of the week brought on by the germs that are successfully taking out the high school population one by one. (pardon the obnoxiously long sentence...)
While all these things are well and good, though, I can't help but realize that the things that make me feel the most satisfied are those tiny moments in life in which you can't help but smile. Last night, for instance, I babysat a sweet little boy who I took on a scavenger hunt to pass the time while his mom was gone. While we were out gallivanting through his neighborhood on a search for flowers and bugs, he pointed out to me numerous times how cool the sky looked and how many airplanes were coursing through it. He was enthralled by how incredibly blue the sky was and we spent the last bit of our evening marveling about it over a mug filled with chocolate gelato. And after taking no more then 15 minutes to get ready today, it's nice to hear a friend tell me that I'm still pretty or to hear a chorus of "I hope you feel better, Kristi" as I make my way sluggishly through a crowded hallway. All this to say, I'm so incredibly grateful for the random breath-taking moments that God sneaks into my days when I need them the most.

No comments:

Post a Comment