Tuesday, September 6, 2011

Back to the Grind

Well, life goes on. Really, really fast. I have yet to complete my blog post about my Oklahoma trip, my SAT date is swiftly approaching, my laundry is piling up by the second, and the dollar amount in my bank account seems to dwindle with every breath. Dramatic, but true.
Nonetheless, the semi-relaxing time of year I like to call Autumn approaches, which is my FAVORITE season for recipes. Warm food is my favorite. Especially when combined with candlelight, an equally warm beverage, & a good book :) I have SO much I could say in this post, but I have SO much to do, so I'll stick to the recipe I tried this evening. It's Honey Soy Grilled Salmon, but I'm not even going to bother citing the original recipe because I toyed with it more then usual.

Here's what you'll need:
2 lbs. Fresh Salmon fillets
1/8 cup Parsley Flakes
1/8 cup Mint Flakes
2 teaspoons Sesame Oil
1 teaspoon ground Ginger
Sea Salt and freshly ground Pepper
2 teaspoons freshly squeezed Lime or Lemon Juice, plus extra for seasoning
2 teaspoons Soy Sauce
2 teaspoons Honey
1/2 teaspoon Sesame Seeds

Here's what you do:
yummy :)
1. Cut two slits into each salmon fillet, about 1/2 inch away from each end
2. Mix mint, parsley, sesame oil, & ginger and stuff mixture into the slits in each salmon fillet
3. Season fish with salt & pepper and broil, stuffed side up, for 3-4 minutes


4. Meanwhile, combine the lime or lemon juice, soy sauce, & honey and stir until smooth
5. Turn salmon over and baste with soy sauce mixture, broil for 2 more minutes, re-baste, and broil for another minute
6. Sprinkle sesame seeds over stuffed side of salmon and serve with veggies


No comments:

Post a Comment